Prior to 2015, thousands of former service personnel transferred their money out of the MoD pension in to private schemes. Unfortunately, many did this after being targeted by overseas companies and unregulated salespeople who convinced them to move their funds into unsuitable pensions. As a result of transferring their pension, many former and current service personnel have lost thousands of pounds.
MOD pension mis-selling help & support
Keller Postman UK is committed to helping military personnel, veterans and their families recover from Armed Forces pension mis-selling. To provide support at this difficult time, we have collated a list of organisations that might be able to help you recover from pension mis-selling and other matters.
- Rock2Recovery is a free service for serving members of the Armed Forces, veterans of the Armed Forces and their families. Its mission is to save and change the lives of those who are affected by stress. Ollie Ollerton, special forces soldier and star of SAS: Who Dares Wins, is an ambassador of Rock2Recovery. He is also working with Keller Postman UK to raise awareness of military pension mis-selling.
- The Forces Employment Charity provides life-long, life-changing support, jobs and training opportunities to service leavers, reservists, veterans, and their families.
- The White Ensign Association provides free, independent advice for all serving and former members of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary, and their families. It offers advice on subjects such as employment, finance, and resettlement.
- The Officers Association helps officers find employment and to relieve hardship amongst those who have held a commission in the Armed Forces, their families, and dependants.
- Walking with the Wounded provides assistance to vulnerable veterans with employment and mental health support.
- The Armed Forces Charity helps to relieve need, suffering and distress amongst the Armed Forces, veterans and their families in order to support their independence and dignity.
- The British Legion helps members of the Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, veterans, and their families with a wide range of issues.
- The Soldiers’ Charity supports soldiers, former soldiers, and their families for life, in all areas of life. It awards grants to individuals and families, and funds leading organisations that support soldiers, former soldiers, and their families.
It’s time to fight back
As well as the above charities, Keller Postman UK is also helping those affected by military pension mis-selling to claim compensation for their losses. We believe that those affected could be owed hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Many people still do not know that their pension was affected by this scandal – especially if their current pension pot seems healthy. Our expert fraud and investment mis-selling lawyers can help you find out if your armed forces pension was mis-sold. Crucially, if you were advised by a financial adviser who was regulated in the UK to transfer your military pension to a SIPP or QROPS, this increases the chances of us being able to make a successful claim on your behalf.
Moving a military pension is rarely advisable. So, if you are worried that you might have been mis-sold, contact us to find out how we can help you.