Military Pensions Mis-selling FAQs

Get the answers to your military pension mis-selling questions.

Our legal team is supporting a significant number of veterans who have been affected by this scandal. Here are the FAQs we get asked about making a no-win, no-fee compensation claim.

Prior to 2015, many service personnel were persuaded to move their valuable military pensions into private schemes, often by unregulated salespeople and overseas companies who failed to explain the risks. Thousands of British Armed Forces personnel were targeted in the military pensions scandal.  As a result, many have lost out as a result.

Moving a military pension is rarely advisable. So, if you believe that you have been mis-sold when you were advised to transfer a military pension, simply sign-up to find out more about what this involves. If you are not sure if you have a claim, we can find this out for you.

You could have been mis-sold if:

  • You transferred your military pension to a SIPP, a QROPS or another type of personal pension.
  • You transferred out of your military pension in the last 15 years.
  • You were either advised by a UK regulated adviser or transferred your pension to a UK based pension company (or both).

We can help you to make a military pension claim if all of the above apply, and:

  • You have paperwork relating to the transfer (or at the very least, an account number for the pension which you transferred into).
  • You are not bankrupt.
To make a claim, you need to prove that you had a military pension, and that you transferred this to a private scheme. We will ask you for details about:
  • The transfer (e.g. when it happened, the scheme your pension was transferred to, and when you became aware that you might have been mis sold).
  • Any financial advice you received regarding the transfer (e.g. who provided the advice and when)

We will also ask you to provide any documentation to support your claim (e.g. transfer documentation).
If you believe you have a military pension claim, but you no longer have the transfer documentation, we might be able to get this for you. So you should still register with us even if you no longer have the relevant paperwork.

Not necessarily. However, if you were advised by a Financial Adviser who was regulated in the UK to transfer your military pension to a SIPP or QROPS, this increases the chances of us being able to make a successful claim on your behalf.

You will only have to pay anything if you win. You will not have to pay anything upfront. Any payment would only come out of the money that we recover on your behalf. We will conduct the claim for you under a no-win, no-fee agreement. If you win, our fees will be deducted from your damages.

Each case is different, but we believe that those affected by the mis-selling of military pensions could be owed hundreds of thousands of pounds each.

Not at all. The process to join is straightforward and can be completed quickly from your phone or computer.


If you are interested in joining our action, sign up to see if you can claim.

It is time to fight back.

Make a no-win, no-fee military pensions mis-selling claim with KP Law today.